Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Trip to the Big City


Another post and photos from Liana.

I awoke early one morning to find my mother and father on the computer checking their e-mail. Then my mama asked me if I would like to have a meal now to hold me off until my aunt, uncle, and cousin came for breakfast. It was special that they would come since they lived in Georgia.

After breakfast we went to the train station and rode the train to the city. When we were there we walked over to the Visitor's Center and looked around. Then we went to have lunch. My mother and I got fried rice and the rest of them got hoagies.

After that we went to Independence Hall and got a free tour there which was very interesting. Then we went to a very old church. We actually got to sit in the spot where George Washington sat! I thought that they would not let you sit there and would have it roped off. The church had bodies buried in the walkway which was strange, odd, and creepy at the same time. And worse than that, the bodies were not buried in a coffin. They were just buried underneath the walkway.

We left the old church and went to Starbucks. I got a berry smoothie. My sister and my cousin got a chocolate chip frappuccino, my mother and my aunt each got a cup of tea, and last, but not least, my dad and my uncle each got a cup of coffee.

Then we walked through Chinatown to get to the train station and went home. It was such a nice trip! I can't wait to go again.

No comments: