Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Glory of Creation

On the day of one of the biggest blizzards our country has seen for awhile (satellite photo above), I thought I would post a video that a friend sent me. The photography is beautiful.


Once again I am hearing the same message twice. After receiving that video our pastor began a series on "God's Great Story: How the Gospel Changes Everything." He began with creation, a good place to start. Instead of me explaining it, here is a summary:

"From beginning to end the Bible tells one story, God’s great story. It is the story of God’s glorious work of redeeming a people through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This story includes creation, human sin, the fall of all creation, God’s covenant with his people, the redemptive work of Jesus, and the coming new creation. It is the story that shapes all of history and defines our lives."

We sang a new song that morning, and I found it on youtube so I could listen to it again. It goes along with what my friend sent. I hope you enjoy it.


If you are traveling through icy roads this morning, you probably aren't much impressed with the glories of creation right now. Those glistening icicles might not be dazzling your senses. I was grumbling a bit when I fell on the ice yesterday and sprained my wrist. But my complaining always turns to praise when I look out my window and see God's handiwork, right here in suburbia on my little plot of the earth. From sunrises to falling snow to soaring hawks and howling wind, all display the wonder, majesty and splendor of our God. It puts things in perspective.
.
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork...Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!...O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you mde them all; the earth is full of your creatures..." (from the Psalms.)

No comments: