Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Missing the Boat

"Do not miss the boat that's here, while mourning the boat that's sailed." Andree Seu.

I'm often thinking about all those boats that sailed, never to come again. My baby girls are growing up. We're in a new phase of life and time is flying by. But, "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24.

Liana had to learn "Michael, Row the Boat Ashore" on the violin. That led to us searching youtube and we got sidetracked listening to old Peter, Paul and Mary songs. Liana was amazed I knew all the words to "Puff the Magic Dragon." What a trip down memory lane! But do any of us really want to go back to those days? Not me. Looking back brings regret. Looking forward can scare you. Today is just fine. I just wish I could hold on to it. Another day has slipped away.

No comments: