Saturday, March 09, 2013

The Thousandth Gift

Ever since I read Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, I have been keeping a list.  I have tried to cultivate a habit of gratitude to God in myself and my children, instead of complaint that comes so naturally.  We are so blessed!  My pages and pages of scribbled gifts remind me.  So I have reached One Thousand now.   There have been many more that I neglected to record or neglected to even see.  But let me share my thousandth:

996.  A day with Deacon and getting to know my little grandson better
997.  Watching The Bible together on TV
998.  Spring birds singing as we all anticipate the end of winter
999.  A feast of abundant food that God provides

1000.  My new grandson Caden River is born on March 3, 2013!

I have ten grandchildren now!  (One we are still waiting to see.)  But each new little one is like it was the very first. I can't wait to meet baby Caden. God is so good to our family and we continue to grow.  My list continues...



 

No comments: