Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gift upon Gift

Autumn half over, rushing through our days, I need to take time to give thanks.  With the start of classes, our lives have been in a happy turmoil and I have neglected to quietly contemplate this wild, wonderful era we are in now.  Teenage daughters!  What a delight they are!  We have so much fun.

I'm still counting blessings and this morning took some time to add them to my list.  God is so good and so faithful to us despite my many shortcomings.  What a glorious October weekend he gave us!

2,097.  Damien's house bursting with joyful little ones as we celebrated Jordan's birthday.
2,098.  My four boys all together!  My precious grandchildren!
2,099.  Lots of laughter with two dads and three kids playing video games.
2,100.  New church with worshipful music as we give thanks to our God.
2,101.  My hard-working son takes time early morning to buy us coffee and bagels for breakfast
2,102.  Impromptu trip to West Chester with my hubby to meet Arielle and Steven at a vintage record store.
2,103.  Fred and I go back in time as we search for old albums--great finds!
2,104.  Trip back home listening to Marc Cohn's "True Companion" with my true companion.
2,105.   Family dinner with my daughter-in-law and precious grandson.
2,106.   Dark chilly night at Barnes and Noble with three teenagers blasting music as they sing "You're So Classic" while I chat with my friend, a sleeping dog on my lap. Crazy times!
2,107.  On the carpet playing 10 Days in Europe (trying hard to beat Arielle) while we watch "The Flash" on TV. Silly times.
2,108.  My biology class scaling a mountain on our fungus hunting field trip while I pray they don't fall off the cliff.
2,109.  My daughters hemming their masquerade gowns, the serger whirring away.
2,110.  Arielle and her special guy all dressed up for a big occasion.
2,111.  Reminders that life is short and will one day come to an end, more reason to capture the memories and hold them close.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for catching me up on your busy lives! We need to meet up soon!
hh