Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hidden treasure

Paul tells why he's writing to the church in Colossians 2:2,3. "My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. "

One thing I've learned in my advanced age is that women need women--to share our hopes and joys and acknowlege our shortcomings. We find out others have the same struggles and we save each other from despair. I need you! So my purpose for this blog is for us to encourage each other, to know the love Jesus has for us and to have the full riches of complete understanding. (As much as is possible for ordinary folk.) The key is Jesus, our source of wisdom and knowledge. How do we find this hidden treasure? More importantly, how do we find him?

No comments: