Thursday, June 15, 2006

Questions

"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near." Isaiah 55:6. Are there times when the Lord is not near? Are there times he can't be found? Verse 1 says, "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Do we have to be thirsty to find him? How do you know when you've found him?

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13. What does it mean to "seek" God? Is it the same for everyone?

Scripture tells us what we're not to be seeking: Even Jesus says he did not seek to please himself but to please God. (Mark 5:30) We're not to seek our own good but the good of others. (I Corinthians 10:24) We're not to seek miraculous signs. (Mark 8:12)

What does God want? What is best for others? Am I content with God's way of responding to my prayer? Am I seeking God himself or what he can do for me or give me?

No comments: