Monday, May 16, 2011

Art Museum



Through the generosity of my friend, we had an opportunity to visit the art museum in the big city at no cost. We wanted to see the Roberto Capuzzi exhibit that all the teachers at 4-H were talking about, but the price for three of us to go would have been prohibitive.



Roberto Capucci is an Italian fashion designer and artist. The dresses he creates are so amazing that many of them are considered sculptures. Since Arielle and Liana sew, I knew they would appreciate the intricate designs and elegant fabrics and brilliant colors of this exhibit. Capucci was inspired by elements in nature, which was especially fascinating to us. Some of his dresses resemble flowers or butterflies. Some incorporate bamboo, stones, leaves or straw. Truly incredible! The 4-H teachers were planning an adult "field trip" to the museum. I would never have gone without my daughters! I wanted to share this experience with them.


I have never driven to the museum myself and the traffic makes me crazy. I didn't think Fred would appreciate the exhibit. So who in our family is artsy and creative and might like to go too? Gretchen, my future daughter-in-law, and Marissa, my step-daughter! So the five of us headed off on a beautiful spring morning down the highway infamous for traffic jams and delays. But none for us today.



After the exhibit we wandered around the museum, but not long enough! The night before we had gone on-line to check out famous paintings we wanted to see. So we found a few, but then it was time to go home. Again, concerns about traffic.



Thank you, my friend, for giving us this special time. My girls' lives are richer for it. I saw the wheels turning in Liana's head as she viewed the incredible dresses. Later, she spent all of Saturday creating her own design, unique to her, but I could see traces of Capucci in it. When she is finished sewing it, I will post a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how nice for these beautiful girls to share this experience!

hh

Liana said...

That was amazing!☺