Sunday, August 09, 2009

4-H Fair


We just spent three days at the 4-H Fair. My girls just can't get enough. This is the highlight of their summer. What simple, low-tech, good family fun! The first day we had to work, the responsibility and duty of belonging to one of the 4-H clubs. The second day we brought my granddaughter Lana with us. She was just as excited to be here as my daughters. She loved everything we did and everything we saw. She was especially fascinated with the giant cow, luring the people in from the road outside.






Lana is usually a shy little girl, so we were in shock when she wanted to join the dance competition under the tent. My girls couldn't even be persuaded to join her until some of their friends arrived. Here is Arielle teaching Lana to do the "Cotton-Eyed Joe."


After awhile the music got too loud for even the best dancers.


But here is what we came for--the fabric sale. Hundreds of hours were needed to pull this thing off. The proceeds are what sustains our club.


And what a thrill for the kids to see their sewing projects on display!























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls did that sewing! Wow! Great talent! I always loved 4-H too. I went to camp for 4 years. We started our homeschool Monday. I'm so excited and I know it's the right decision for now, as you said one year at a time. :)