Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Big Brother (of a different sort)


My two daughters are so blessed to have five big brothers. I wonder what it would be like to have five men who adore you and only want the best for you. I was the oldest of the eight kids in our family. My little brothers were often pesky and annoying. (Not now, of course!) But my girls have fun brothers who play games with them and let them climb on their backs and dance with them. When good-byes are said at the end of a family gathering, the girls will jump into their brothers' big strong arms for a hug.



We had a fun family birthday weekend. My granddaughter Lana turned six! It's hard to believe. We were at her house in the kitchen and I realized, all four of my sons were together in one room. That is a rare moment, so I grabbed the camera. Fred's son Anthony was in the other room holding Deacon, my newest grandson. This picture reminds me of one I took long ago of Anthony with my other grandson Seth. The two boys were both up in a tree, and Anthony was holding Seth securely in his arms. Oh, family is a wonderful thing. I pray these relationships stay strong through the years, long after us old folks are gone. I am so grateful for all my brothers now, and I know my girls are too, and Arielle and Liana will become even more appreciative as the years go by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pictures

hh