Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not again!

We are in the midst of another blizzard. It has been snowing all day but the weather people are saying it is going to get even worse tonight. Enough snow!

I'm not tired of winter. I really like spending time inside with the wood in the stove burning and the girls' projects and school work scattered on their desks. But I wasn't happy to hear about more snow and more shoveling.

This morning a friend of mine sent me a youtube link to Katrina Kenison and her video, "The Gift of an Ordinary Day." I tried to paste it here so you could just click on it, but it wouldn't work, so you can try to find it. We old moms will get teary-eyed watching it. So...because of this video today, our adventure in the snow was a little different than it might have been. Thanks, Helen.

We did a few hours of school and then the principal (Fred) said school was out for the day. Hurray! The girls started suiting up for playing in the snow. I reluctantly went out and shoveled the deck and then tried to go back inside. Fred said, "Aren't you going to play with us?" Arielle said, "Mom, we want you to stay outside with us." I really wanted a cup of hot tea and peace and quiet, but because of that video I decided not to miss an "ordinary day" and pass up this opportunity to be with Fred and the girls.

The snow was great for rolling balls, and we rolled and rolled until they got so big they were too heavy to move. We laughed and fell and got wet and played in this beautiful snow. We made the biggest snowman ever! Then we made two more snowmen. We searched the yard for adornments to bring them to life. This one in the picture has bamboo hair. We had great fun together as a family. Isn't this what life is about? Just an ordinary day turned into something very special. It is a precious gift.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post has convinced me to get out of my office and enjoy my daughters! Thanks for the reminder!
Helne

Anonymous said...

That snow looks awesome. Wish we were getting more of it out here. You've claimed all our usual snow!
~Cecilia Lee~

Arielle said...

LOL!!! =) Our snow is almost all melted now =(