Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow and more snow


It's Tuesday afternoon. We wait for more snow. We had a blizzard Saturday. I measured 16 inches of snow in our backyard. As much, or more, is coming in the next couple of hours. I don't think my arms and shoulders have recovered yet from hours of shoveling over the weekend. But I'm not complaining. I am thankful Fred and I are healthy and strong enough to shovel snow.

We did our preparation for cozy family time. Fred brought in stacks of firewood to feed the stove tomorrow. I returned library books that will be due in the next few days knowing we can't get out. I took Liana to the doctor to check on a nagging cough. There is nothing scarier than having a very sick child and being stranded. It happened when Arielle was a baby. But Liana is fine, the doctor said. Then shopping. People always act like they won't get to a store for a week when there is a storm coming. But really, don't we just want good snack food when we're cozy in our homes with the snow flying? The girls chose some board games and videos and we settled in for fun.
.
***It's now Wednesday evening. We've had no cozy time today. Fred and I are exhausted. The snow is very heavy and we got out early in the morning to get a jump on the shoveling. I helped the girls with their lessons and then we shoveled the rest of the day. The snow blower broke, and we know we will still be shoveling in the morning because it is still snowing! It's been snowing for over 24 hours and, for awhile, our weather forcasters said it was snowing 2 inches an hour. Fred and I would clear an area and then turn around and start again. If we'd just waited until the storm was over, it would have been even harder to remove all this snow.

Liana is still coughing. We let the girls go outside briefly, but I don't think Liana is fine like the doctor said. I'm worried out her. This was a difficult day.

No comments: