Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I Thought of Gettysburg

Liana is the guest writer today. She is writing about our recent trip to a famous battlefield of the Civil War. She also took the photographs.

We were in Gettysburg for two days. I thought that the tour was interesting. My two favorite stops on the tour were Devil's Den and the Pennsylvania Monument. Devil's Den is a big rock formation. It was fun to climb on the rocks and go through the cracks to find an opening. I liked going up the stairs in the monument and looking down on the battlefield. I thought the monument was very beautiful. We bought the tour CD at the Visitor's Center. The tour told us to drive to a certain spot and then turn the tape on and hear what happened there.

After the tour was over were went to Friendly's. I got macaroni and cheese, french fries, lemonade and a very yummy Oreo sundae. It was my first trip there and I didn't know what to expect. The drink and sundae came with the meal! After that we drove home. It was a wonderful trip. I can't wait to go next year.


No comments: