Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Moving on


It bothered me that I haven't written in awhile when the last thing I wrote was titled "a defeated life." How depressing just to look at it. No, we are not defeated. We are moving on to other things.

School finally ended, the portfolio was completed and taken to the evaluator, books were labeled and packed for the used book sale at the homeschool conference, the girls finished their dresses for the 4-H Fashion Revue, Fred's medical problem is resolved for now, and CENSUS WORK ENDED! Thank you, Lord! I'm not complaining. God gave me the job just when we needed it and it got us through a tight spot. But the job was not fun and I am glad to see it end. Although it probably isn't really over. I was approved to go on to "Phase Two," whatever that is. I just hope there is no more door-to-door. Oh, the stories I could tell. But can't. The census is confidential!

This week we are going to church each morning for the preschool camp. Arielle is a junior counselor and Liana and I are working to serve all the kids snacks. We are mainly going for Arielle because she just loves working with the little children.

On Saturday the girls had the county fashion show. They modeled the dresses they have been working on for the past five months and won ribbons and qualified to go on to the regional show. Yes, the girls were excited about winning at the moment, but both of them were quiet and subdued on the way home as they thought about the girls who did not win. None of us liked seeing the sad faces on those girls. Arielle said she would be willing to give up her spot in the regional show so one of the runners-up can take her place. I don't know that her 4-H teacher would want her to do that though. We'll see what happens. Both the girls did a great job and worked very hard so I wanted to post their picture.

When is summer actually going to start? Those lazy, hazy days of summer...I don't want to miss it. I think I'm missing it already. It's almost the end of June!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Those are great dresses! I'm glad things are looking up for you. I hope you get some quiet summer days.