Wednesday, July 28, 2010

THE FUN DAY AT THE BEACH

Post By Liana

We woke up in the morning and got in the car and drove to the beach. We met the Gallaghers there, which made it very exciting. We walked down to the beach and played in the water. Julia and I tried to build a sand castle but we forgot our sands toys, so it didn't work out very well. Mrs. Gallagher then suggested that we go on a walk at the edge of the water. While we were walking, Julia and I were on the lookout for good seashells. I found a very nice one called a kitten claw. Plus I found lots of shells with holes in them to make necklaces.

Later on we went on the boardwalk and found a penny arcade. Julia told me it was a tradition in her family that they play skeeball every time they go to the beach. Just like it's a tradition for Arielle and me to go on the merry-go-round. It was getting late so we headed over to the rides, which was a bit far from where we were.

First we went on the merry-go-round. Then Julia suggested we go on the log ride. It was my first time so I was a little scared. As we were going up on the conveyor belt Julia and I screamed. When we raced down the slope, everyone screamed, even Mrs. Gallagher. After the log ride, we went on the ferris wheel which was much calmer than the log ride.

When we were done with the rides, we drove to Obadiah's and ate dinner. After dinner, we said our good-byes to the Gallaghers and drove home. We got home very late and I was very tired. It was a fun time at the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! That sounds fun!
-Eliana L.