Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Best Christmas

My good friend Helen wrote this story:

I have been blessed by the goodness of God's love throughout my life. I have had the special blessing of loving parents and a father in particular who always tried to make Christmas special for his daughters. I have enjoyed many special Christmases, so finding the best was a difficult assignment. I can remember only a few that were not so good and really remember one truly outstanding Christmas.

It was Christmas 2002; I spent the previous Christmas anxiously worrying about the health and welfare of my unknown daughter as she waited for me in China. 2002 found me at home with my youngest daughter for almost 8 weeks and settling into a pattern, we were now a family of three! My eldest daughter and I had waited, prayed and thought so often about this baby who would complete our little family that having her home for that first Christmas made the lights brighter, the ornaments shinier, our smiles broader and our hearts fuller. I remember wrapping gifts late that Christmas Eve with my mother at my side and rejoicing with the angels because my baby was finally home.

No comments: