Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kindness to Fred

Day 2 was fairly easy for me because Fred and I were separated all day. He had real estate business and I was home with the girls. So I didn't have to worry about saying anything negative. But I kept thinking of what act of kindness I could do for him. The book said to do something "unexpected." I did make him a nice dinner, a huge hunk of beef and his favorite macaroni salad. But that is pretty much expected. It was getting late and then I knew what to do. And I resisted!

I love ending the day by reading. I have little time to read during the day and so I read novels at night. Not that there is much time to read at night either, but I do read fast. So while I was taking a shower and anticipating my book, I realized I couldn't cheat and call making dinner my act of kindness. Fred would enjoy a massage. But I am so tired, I argued. But it would be very kind to do! So I made the choice to give my time to him. He was in shock when I asked if he wanted a massage, but eagerly offered his back!

Okay, girls, share what you have done these past couple of days! (Being sensitive, of course. One rule we have in class is, don't say anything you couldn't say if your husband was sitting right next to you.) If you'd like to brag on your guy, share the 5 characteristics you admire most about him!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

On Sunday, I tried my best to speak only positive things to Damien. It was one heck of a day to pick because we spent the ENTIRE day together! I think I accomplished the task fairly well...at least Damien said he thought I did. Whew! I've tried to continue the trend into this week...it's harder than you might think!

As for the 5 traits I admire most about him...he is caring, honest, intellective, committed, and very thoughtful. I'd like to boast that I have a diamond in the rough! (I only say "rough" because a shiny glittery diamond would not fit Damien's personality! haha)

I'm still pondering what I will do as an act of kindness. Deb- you had a great idea! Massages are a wonderful gift!

Deb said...

Yes, it is hard to only speak positive words! Much harder than the other dares (so far anyway). I can do "tasks" but stopping my words is difficult. Thanks for sharing Damien's traits. Diamond in the rough is a good description. He is a good guy under that rough and tough exterior.